GUAVAPAY is a high-tech company with the strongest security level that prevents all possible external interference. The company complies with the PCI DSS, PCI PIN Security, and PCI 3DS requirements and undergoes the necessary audits annually. Thus it implies the multilevel security hierarchy that makes all presumably suspicious entries and other frauds impossible.
One of these steps is the implementation of 3-D Secure V2 - a compelling authentication solution. 3DS2 is a security protocol that provides an extra layer of protection for online credit and debit card purchases and it ensures the cardholder's authentication and protection against fraudulent transactions.
3DS2 prompts compliance with SCA regulations that stipulate two-factor authentication as a requirement for all electronic payments which enables more effective prevention of fraud transactions.
Strong customer authentication (SCA) is a requirement of the EU Revised Directive on Payment Services (PSD2) on payment service providers within the European Economic Area. The requirement ensures that electronic payments are performed with multi-factor authentication, to increase the security of electronic payments.
SCA must consist of two from the following three requirements:
- Something you have (biometrics/ fingerprints)
- Something you own (your own personal device)
- Something you know (PIN code/password)
Moreover, to keep up with the changing market that promotes CNP- transactions 3DS2 makes the experience more secure and user-friendly. First, 3DS2 facilitates the data exchange between merchants, card-holders and issuers to achieve more accurate authentication. Therefore, CNP fraud can be easily prevented.
Another benefit of using 3DS2 is its “frictionless flow” as merchants can use customers’ issuing bank information instead of the customers’. There is no need for customers to remember PIN or get redirected to a new web page. Of course, it also contributes to a shortened and convenient authentication process.
Benefits Of 3D Secure V2:
- 3D Secure V2 supports a fraud liability shift towards the issuing bank.
- 3D Secure V2, provides fast and convenient transaction authentication.
- More data exchange provides fewer fraud possibilities and more information accuracy.
- Biometric and token-based authentication methods provide a seamless checkout experience when using payment methods like Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Recognizes when a payment is deemed low-risk enough to skip further authentication processes (passive authentication).